A developer and distributor of lifestyle products – Aber Holdings – is using MYOB Exo as the core of a system that adapts and grows with the business.
“MYOB Exo has the great advantage of running off a Microsoft SQL Server database. That opens up a huge range of add-on software to choose from, using the same SQL database and integrating tightly with Exo,” says Gregg Brown, Managing Director of Aber.
Aber Holdings Ltd develops and sources lifestyle products from leading manufacturers around the world and distributes them throughout New Zealand. The company uses MYOB Exo for all core financial data, including import costing and taxes, foreign exchange and reconciliations of stock, debtors and creditors.
“Exo gives accounting that’s as close to real time as possible, and it does 90% of what we need. The remaining 10% is managed by add-on software that works off the same SQL database,” Gregg Brown says.
Enprise has implemented Halo for business intelligence; Flow for Electronic Data Interchange with our freight suppliers; and ExoChimp (Mailchimp integrated with MYOB) for marketing campaign integration.
“Enprise supports our MYOB Exo system and our add-on software. They lined us up with the different application providers we needed. They understand what we’re doing from the SQL point of view.”
For Aber, the near future will bring decisions about cloud hosting, about mobile technologies and how to make more use of the data in the SQL database.
Gregg Brown says Aber always tries to get the most it can from its software.
“Exo is the main capture point for all our data. We then stretch that data out to whatever we want to do, either by using add-on software or by adding extra fields inside Exo itself. Exo is very flexible. We have added some fields for KPI reporting, for example. Once we’ve captured data we can leverage it as part of our business intelligence strategy,” he says.
“In Exo we have a fully integrated ERP system, without the cost of an Oracle-type solution. We’re staying with Exo. We have no intention of changing.”
About the customer
Aber Holdings Ltd develops and sources lifestyle products from leading manufacturers around the world and distributes them throughout New Zealand. Aber owns the well-known brands, Gasmate, Charmate, Kent, Kiwi Camping and Explore Planet Earth. It has agencies for a suite of well-known international brands, including Char-Broil Outdoor Cooking solutions, Bonaire Central Heating, Regency Gas Fires and Paloma Water Heating and Space Heating. Visit the Aber website