Enprise has announced a strategic partnership with database specialist SQL Services Ltd to enable the delivery of sophisticated database services to Enprise customers, with a single point of contact.
Enprise Auckland General Manager, Matt Sealy, says the partnership is aimed at larger organisations among Enprise's base of more than 400 customers using the MYOB Exo business software platform. These larger customers have a requirement for sophisticated SQL Server database skills, delivered as part of Enprise's overall application consulting services.
"There's been strong customer demand for SQL Server database skills. Customers want this as part of our overall application consulting services, with a single point of contact," Matt Sealy says
"Customers want us to help ensure their databases are operating at peak performance and their data is safe, secure and recoverable in the event of a system failure. Now, through our partnership with SQL Services we can fill that gap in our managed service offering."
Matt Sealy says Enprise has selected SQL Services based on their strong track record with major customers such as Mighty River Power, New Zealand Trade and Enterprise, University of Auckland, Ravensdown and Southland District Council.
"SQL Services has good coverage nationwide, depth and breadth of expertise spanning all major databases, and a compatible corporate culture, which is focused on high levels of personal service to customers," Sealy says. "We're delighted to have secured such a strong partner for these new services."
Working with SQL Services, Enprise will offer the following:
- Managed services. Proactive database monitoring backed by a team of certified SQL Server DBAs working to ensure optimum performance, up-time and data security. Flexible SLAs with Gold, Silver and Bronze tier support agreements including access to SQL Services Online Secure Portal and detailed reporting to meet individual client requirements.
- Server health checks. Independent snapshot audits (Health Checks) with recommendations for improvements based on Industry Best Practice for SQL Server installs.
- SQL Server installations. Base installation service ensuring initial install completed to best practice.
- SQL Server database migration. Moving existing database/applications to SQL Server or moving databases between server hardware.
- SQL Server version upgrades. Moving older versions of database software to newer supported versions to take advantage of new features and application benefits.
- Disaster recovery auditing/planning/implementation/testing. Reviewing DR requirements to design, implement and support using best available technology and test final approach.
- Server performance audits/troubleshooting. Reviewing, analysing and resolving performance issues using a structured methodology.
- Server security audits and planning. Reviewing existing security processes to measure against best practice and individual business requirements, including subsequent implementation consulting.
- Server consolidation and strategic review. Strategic advice on reducing licensing and support costs while maximising return on hardware investment.
- High availability for SQL Server. Designing, implementing and supporting high availability solutions based on RPO (recovery point objective) and RTO (recovery time objective).
- General DBA support. Including onsite support at times of special demand such as new staff hires or staffing changes, assisting with site knowledge and handover.