For MYOB Exo Payroll customers, the MYOB Exo Employer Services 2014 compliance release is essential to keep up-to-date with new payroll legislation.
Your taxation obligations will change as of 1 July 2014, and you'll need to download this new release to ensure you pay your employees correctly.
What’s new in this release?
The 2014.02 release contains compliance updates for the 2014–2015 payroll year. This release can be installed prior to 1 July 2014; compliance changes are not activated in the product until the relevant date. This release also adds new features to Exo Payroll, including improvements and additions to superannuation management.
Upgrading to the new release
Before you begin, it is a recommended best practice to ensure that:
- There are NO open pays within the system (either Current Pays or One Off Pays
- All users have closed their session of MYOB Exo Employer Services
- A Windows user account that has administrative privileges perform this upgrade
- If you have multiple computers set up to run MYOB Exo Payroll across a network, you must run this upgrade on the system that houses the database
- You have performed a backup of your current database.
Please read the release notes BEFORE upgrading the software or pass it to your IT professionals if you’re not sure what to do:
- The Installation section provides an overview of the installation process, including pre-installation requirements and post installation steps.
- The New Features section describes all new features introduced in this release.
- The Resolved Issues section describes all issues that have been addressed by this release.
- The Known Issues section details any issues in this release that have been identified as requiring attention.
If you have any questions or you need assistance with installing this update, please contact our Payroll Support Team on: 1800 436 774
Please note support for this release is as per your nominated Support Agreement, e.g. Premium Annual Support or Pay as You Need Support.
Alternatively, below are links to articles that provide solutions for common questions when upgrading:
The Exo Knowledgebase is a great source of information and has many hints, tips and troubleshooting articles which can be accessed anytime.