Payday Filing comes into full effect this Monday, 1 April 2019, for New Zealand businesses (and Australian businesses with employees in New Zealand). Last week, MYOB made the Exo Employer Services NZ compliance release 2019.01 available for download.
This release includes compliance changes for the 2019-2020 financial year as well as the introduction of Payday Filing, a new way of reporting employee pay details to the IRD. By taking this release, you will have the functionality you need to be Payday Filing compliant.
Also last week, Enprise Employer Services clients were sent a notification including comprehensive release notes giving you information on the changes and instructions on how to install this release. For reference, please see the information below.
Below are links to download various other resources related to the 2019.01 NZ compliance release:
- MYOB Exo Employer Services 2019.01 release notes | Click here
- MYOB Exo Employer Services 2019.01 installer | Click here
- MYOB What's new video for 2019.01 | Click here
- MYOB Payday Filing white paper | Click here
- MYOB Payday Filing overview video | Click here
Please read the release notes BEFORE upgrading the software or pass it to your IT professionals if you're not sure what to do.
- The Installation section provides an overview of the installation process, including pre-installation requirements and post-installation steps.
- The New Features section describes all new features introduced in this release.
- The Resolved Issues section describes all issues that have been addressed by this release.
- The Known Issues section details any issues in this release that have been identified as requiring attention.
It is recommended before you begin:
- There are NO open pays within the system (either Current Pays or One Off Pays)
- All users have closed their session of MYOB Exo Employer Services.
- You are logged into Windows with a user account that has administrative privileges prior to performing the upgrade.
- If you have multiple computers set up to run MYOB Exo Payroll across a network, you must run this upgrade on the system that houses the database.
- You have performed a backup of your current database.
Below are links to articles that provide solutions for common questions when upgrading.
The Exo Knowledge Base is a great source of information and has many hints, tips and troubleshooting articles which can be accessed anytime.
Need help or more information?
If you have any questions about Payday Filing, or if you require assistance with your upgrade, please call our support desk on 0800 436 774 (1800 436 774 in Australia) or email us. (Please note support for this release is as per your nominated Support Agreement e.g. Premium Annual Support or Pay as You Need Support.)