The 2020.06 release for MYOB Exo Employer Services NZ is available for download. This release contains critical compliance updates and key changes to address the leave calculation issues identified by MYOB earlier this year. It is important that all MYOB Exo Payroll NZ users update their software to the new version.
The 2020.06 release updates MYOB Exo Payroll to calculate Holiday Pay in weeks. This simplifies holiday management and means that daily/hourly balances can be automatically adjusted when an employee's work schedule changes to hold a consistent weekly balance. This release also includes updates to the management of Parental Leave and Leave Without Pay (which can have effects on Holiday Pay).
This release includes the following key changes which seek to support you to comply with regulatory compliance requirements, as well as help to provide you with more control and visibility when managing leave entitlements:
- Automatic recalculation of leave balances when work patterns change
- Displaying annual holidays in weeks
- Improved management of periods of unpaid leave
- Define a holiday start date for rate calculations across multiple pay periods
The release notes document below provides essential information on the installation and use of this release.
Download the installer.exe for the 2020.06 release from the link below.
Please read the release notes BEFORE upgrading the software or pass it to your IT professionals if you're not sure what to do.
- The Installation section provides an overview of the installation process, including pre-installation requirements and post-installation steps.
- The New Features section describes all new features introduced in this release.
- The Resolved Issues section describes all issues that have been addressed by this release.
- The Known Issues section details any issues in this release that have been identified as requiring attention.
To find out more about this release please download and review the release notes, here or from the link above, including how to check if you have upgraded successfully to the new release post-installation.
Get ready to do the update
Before you begin, it is recommended that:
- There are NO open pays within the system (either Current Pays or One-Off Pays).
- All users have closed their session of MYOB Exo Employer Services.
- You are logged into Windows with a user account that has administrative privileges prior to performing the upgrade.
- If you have multiple computers set up to run MYOB Exo Payroll across a network, you must run this upgrade on the system that houses the database.
- You have performed a backup of your current database.
Reminder for server-based installations: If your software is installed on the server, your upgrade must be completed on the server by the administrator.
Below are links to articles that provide solutions for common questions when upgrading.
The MYOB Exo Knowledge Base is a great source of information and has many hints, tips and troubleshooting articles which can be accessed anytime.
Holidays Act Hub
You can visit MYOB's Holidays Act Hub for more information relating to these product changes.
Until 6 August 2020, MYOB is running webinars to give users an overview of 2020.06 release. Find out more and register for a webinar below.
If you require assistance with your upgrade, please call our support desk on 0800 436 774 (1800 436 774 in AU) or email us. Please note support for this release is as per your nominated Support Agreement e.g. Premium Annual Support or Pay as You Need Support.
Related article | MYOB Exo Employer Services issue affecting leave calculations (Holidays Act 2003)